Thursday 6 February 2014

Digipak - Updated Version


Here is an updated version of my Digipak. When we screened all of our most current work the feedback I received was pretty good however I was asked to try and bring up the contrast of the images so that they did all look similar. I have tried to up the contrast however some images look better than other due to the lighting when the original images were taken.

1st Panel
The first panel which is of my track-listing has pretty much stayed the same. The only thing which I have changed is the logo's of the parental advisory , Domino recording and the barcode. I have moved these around numerous times just to see where they look best. I may still need to change this in the near future however this panel is one that I am most confident with keeping as I feel that it doesn't need any more altering.

2nd Panel
For this panel which is going to be for my CD I have changed this quite a lot. Firstly I have changed the idea of the CD altogether and instead of using just a black template I have decided to use one of the many successful photos which we captured when on our trip to London.  I have also used a photo of a brick wall for the background for my CD as it looks similar to my front cover of us standing by a brick wall and I like this affect.

3rd Panel
This panel has been kept the same for now however throughout the past weeks this panel has been edited continuously with different images and ideas which I have had however I have not kept them because I'm not 100% on them and still think that I can think of something which is going to look successful and that i'm going to be happy with. The image that I have stuck with is a favourite of mine which we took last term in the studio. I like the photo as it shows the band working on their music and is also a good angle as it catches all of the band members in action.

4th Panel
This 4th panel is also being replaced with a band photo similarly to my other panel which is going to feature the CD. This panel however is going to feature a bonus DVD which is going to feature behind the scenes exclusives of the band. I have decided to use images of us on the DVD instead of using simple black and white templates because I think that it is more effective. I felt that due to us having some really successful photos I didn't want them to be wasted therefore felt that they would look good to go on my CD and DVD.

5th Panel
This panel was one that definitely needed the most improving because it didn't have any images on it , therefore I had to create this panel from scratch. I had the initial ideas however didn't get round to making it. This is going to be for my album booklet which is going to feature exclusive photos of the band and also lyrics from the songs. The album booklet is going to slip in and out to the right so that it is easily accessible seen on the Digipak. I have included 4 band photos on the front of the pocket which the booklet will be stored in.

6th Panel
This panel placed in the bottom right is going to be my front cover as previously mentioned I have upped the contrast so that the photo is black and white with a higher contrast. As we are a new band I felt it was very necessary to include a photo of us on the front to promote the image of the band and to get us recognised. The image that I have used captures a strong image of the band which is why I chose it.

Overall when I finish my Digipak it will look very similar to this version as I feel that their is not a lot of alterations I can make other than what I was advised to when receiving my feedback.  This Digipak is still on templates therefore is not on the right format as some of the panels are supposed to be the opposite way round. So that when folded in the correct way it look like how a Digipak is supposed to.



No comments:

Post a Comment